Lauren Furukawa has been practicing exclusively in defence litigation since her call to the bar in 2012. She specializes in insurance litigation spanning a wide variety of matters including coverage disputes, professional negligence, products liability, property damage and bodily injury.
Lauren has represented clients before administrative tribunals and all levels of Ontario court including the Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal.
Prior to joining Dolden Wallace Folick, Lauren was an associate at a prominent insurance defence boutique in Toronto.
Lauren’s practice areas include:
- Providing coverage opinions under all types of insurance policies including CGL, Errors and Omissions and Property policies
- Professional negligence
- Defending a variety of professionals in errors & omissions litigation
- General liability, property and product liability
- Representing a broad range of insureds under general liability policies on numerous matters including occupiers’ liability and product liability claims
- Benson v. Walt, 2018 ONCA 172
- R.D. and Aviva, 2017 CanLII 81579 (ON LAT)
- Bonilla v. Preszler, 2016 ONSC1411; 2016 ONCA 759
- K.A. and G.S., 2011 CanLII 13027 (HPARB)