Vik Mall is an associate in the Calgary office of Dolden Wallace Folick LLP. His practice encompasses a broad range of insurance related matters.
Vik was admitted to the Alberta Bar in 2014 and completed his articles with a mid-sized law firm in Calgary. Prior to joining Dolden Wallace Folick LLP, Vik gained litigation experience in a wide variety of areas, including general commercial litigation, construction, employment, condominium litigation and professional negligence.
Vik has appeared before all levels of court in the Province of Alberta. He has also successfully acted as second counsel in two complex Queen’s Bench trials. In addition, he has gained in-depth knowledge and built specific experience in appellate advocacy.
In addition to practicing law, Vik is actively involved in the Calgary community and has volunteered with a number of organizations. Currently, he contributes his time to Pro Bono Law Alberta and the Harry Schaefer Mentorship Program at Mount Royal University.
- University of Calgary, J.D., 2013
- University of Lethbridge, B.Mgmt. (with great distinction), 2009
- Mount Royal University, Diploma in Business Administration, 2007
Notable Reported Decisions
- Burby v Ball, 2018 ABCA 22: Successfully represented the respondent in an appeal before the Alberta Court of Appeal concerning a rural land purchase agreement
- Watkins v Willow Park Golf Course Ltd., 2017 ABQB 541: Co-counsel at trial in the successful defence of an employer from a wrongful dismissal action
- Burby v Ball, 2017 ABQB 300: Co-counsel at trial in the successful defence of rural purchasers from allegations that the subject sale was invalid on the grounds of undue influence and unconscionability
- L III Inc. (Consumer Auto Liquidators Inc.) v Van Der Vegte, 2017 ABPC 94: Successfully represented the plaintiff on a summary judgment application
- Rowland v Rowland, 2016 ABCA 134: Co-counsel in the successful representation of the respondent in an appeal before the Alberta Court of Appeal concerning an option to purchase and a right of refusal agreement for farmland