Jonathan has worked with insurers and their insureds from the outset of his legal career. He enjoys the challenge of providing clear strategic advice in complex situations.
Jonathan joined Dolden Wallace Folick after practising in a boutique litigation firm for five years. Before that, he worked with a leading regional firm after moving to Vancouver in 2009. He has previously practiced in Toronto and Barbados, and clerked in Port-of-Spain with the Caribbean Court of Justice in 2006.
Jonathan has acted in a variety of matters before all levels of Court in British Columbia, including:
- construction deficiencies
- subrogated construction and property damage claims
- builders’ lien matters
- coverage disputes involving CGL policies, boiler and machinery coverage, and life and disability claims
- professional negligence disputes
- strata and society disputes
- general commercial litigation including conflict of laws, contract disputes, property rights, and corporate and securities litigation
- estate litigation
Jonathan has taught business law at SFU and regularly contributes to professional and public legal education. He has been honoured as one of Access Pro Bono’s top contributors to public legal services, and is active in his local community, serving on the Boards of the Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver and Choice School for the Gifted and Exceptional and having served on the Board of the Dunbar Community Centre Association.