Lindsey von Bloedau
Lindsey has a diverse insurance litigation practice including complex personal injury claims, liquor/commercial host liability, sports and recreation liability, products liability, D&O liability, defamation, strata and class actions. She has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia, as well as before the Human Rights Tribunal, the Civil Resolution Tribunal, and the BC Securities Commission.
Lindsey’s Representative Work Includes:
– Defending a variety of complex personal injury claims, including traumatic brain injury, orthopedic and psychological injuries, chronic pain, and wrongful death claims.
– Acting for a broad range of businesses, including shopping centres, retailers, restaurants, strata developments, winter maintenance companies, festival operators, and municipalities in relation to claims arising from the Occupiers Liability Act and allegations of negligence.
– Acting for manufacturers and suppliers of products with alleged defects arising from design and manufacture.
– Acting for out-of-province, U.S., and excess insurers in relation to motor vehicle accidents occurring in British Columbia.
– Acting on behalf of sports clubs and venues in relation to claims of injuries sustained during sporting events or activities.
– Acting on behalf of commercial liquor providers in claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, assaults, and occupiers’ liability claims.
– Acting for employers in relation to claims of wrongful dismissal and violation of Human Rights and employment standards legislation.
– Acting for strata corporations and residential co-ops in relation to claims in the Human Rights Tribunal and Civil Resolution Tribunal.
– Quan v. Strata Plan No. LMS 4582, 2020 BCHRT 94
– Obrand v. FirstService Residential and another, 2019 BCHRT 219
– Wang v. The Owners, Strata Plan LMS 2970, 2019 BCSC 1374
– Called to British Columbia Bar, 2017